Flowers ~ Vegetables & Greens ~ Herbs ~ Berries
Flower subscriptions: For $15-$30/week from late April to late October or about 26 weeks, you can buy a freshly cut flower bouquet made from our cutting garden’s bounty, to be picked up at arranged times. Should you prefer to pay for the whole season in advance, you will receive a Rosie’s Garden gift certificate valued at a corresponding $15-$30 There are a limited number of flower shares, to allow for special occasion flower orders.
Rosie’s Garden Market ~ Plants:
We grow many Heirloom varieties of vegetable plants, which have some disease resistance or they wouldn’t have survived all these years, and we also grow some hybrids to hedge our bets and for variety.
We will have many of these plants for sale by the beginning of May and all will be available in Vegetable shares or purchases
- Tomatoes: As customers to our farm stand find out, the heirloom tomatoes we grow have so much more tomato flavor than commercially produced ones, it’s hard to believe they’re related. A specialty item this year is an heirllom Tomato that stays short enough to grow in a pot, but has 8-10 oz. fruits. “New Big Dwarf” is its name.
- Peppers: We have multicolored bell peppers, frying and stuffing peppers, hot and sweet varieties.
- Eggplants: The eggplants, too, come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors, from the long Asians for grilling to more traditional ovals and heirloom rounds. This year, we have “Ophelia” a prolific mini bush with individual serving-sized fruits that can be grown in a pot.
- Other Vegetables: Beans, Beets, Carrots, Cucumbers, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Scallions, Shallots, Snow Peas, Summer & Winter Squashes and Radishes. We grow many delicious, unusual varieties.
- Greens: We grow Asian greens, Broccoli raab, Endive, Kales, Lettuce, Mustard, Romaine, and Swiss chard.
I have some shares open for the Vegetable CSA. The shares are perfect for the single person or a couple. I will have 2 available pickup days for 2015. Call me if you’re interested to find out the details at 978-462-0723 or 978-912-1081.
Herbs: We have a variety of annual and perennial herbs, including Basils, Chives, Fennel, Garlic, Lavender, Mints, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Winter savory and several thymes. Herbs are available as plants and in freshly cut bunches during the season.
Berries: Our Blackberries took a hit this winter, but I’ve planted new Raspberries the high-bush Blueberries look good, so these berries will be included in the Veggie CSA during their fruiting times midsummer to fall.